If it's a choice between the health of 300 million Americans or improving the bottom line of battery makers, lead smelters, refiners, the Bush administration will side with industry every time. So here's the choice for you -- would you like your air leaded or unleaded?
Other environmental news & notes ...
* Some great tips from Arlington County on going green over the holidays.
* California is getting ready to spend more than $3.4 billion over the next 10 years to subsidize the installation of 1 million solar roofs, or about 3,000 megawatts of electricity capacity, enough at peak output to match six modern natural-gas-fired power plants. It's the biggest solar energy effort in U.S. history.
* Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) flatly says the era of silent but deadly environmental rollbacks is over.
* Think we humans know everything there is to know about everything on this planet? Here are 52 reasons why not.
* Questions about whether a science association is looking out for students or its oil industry funders.