Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Protesting with My Wallet

With DC's smoking ban taking effect this week, I thought it would be a good time to email some of my favorite Arlington bars to let them know that unless they voluntarily ban smoking, they'll be losing some of my business to DC. Here's the list of contacts if you're interested in doing the same:

Carpool --
Bailey's (Ballston) --
Whitlow's --
Dr. Dremo's --
O'Sullivan's --
Continental --
Eleventh --
Mister Days --
Clarendon Grill & Front Page -- no email

If I get any responses, I'll post them here. You can also comment on the ban (and Virginia's lack of a ban) at Backfence and DCist.

Here's a list of restaurants in Arlington that have already voluntarily gone smoke-free! Thanks to the Arlington Civic Federation for maintaining it.
Post a Comment