Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oops, I Meant Smoking Ban to Bring Project Mayhem-esque Anarchy

I apologize for my earlier posts in support of the smoking ban. I hadn't realized the smoking ban will bring down the entire capitalist system, basically realizing the vision of Tyler Durden from "Fight Club". From today's Washington Post:

William D. Lecos, president of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, said if the amendment prohibits cigar smoking in the bar area of power lunch places such as the Capital Grille in Tysons Corner, the impact might be to "destroy commerce as we know it."
Just like Tyler said ... we'll be stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Tysons Corner. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Washington Monument. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of I395. All in the bizarre alternate reality of William D. Lecos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea the power lunch was the benchmark for our economic status. And here I thought it was commerce, employment, investment and things along those lines.