Monday, June 23, 2008

The Green Miles Turns Two

Welcome to The Green Miles' second birthday party! Sorry, but as usual, my one-year-old self ate all the cake.

My first post was a review of An Inconvenient Truth. It seems almost surprising that the movie only came out that long ago considering how much has changed in the global warming debate since then. We've gone from debating whether warming is happening to whether it's our fault to what we need to do about it.

Over the last two years I've slowly gotten the hang of blogging and readership has grown as a result. So if you're relatively new to reading The Green Miles, here are a few tips to getting the most out of it:

  • You can subscribe to The Green Miles thanks to FeedBurner.
  • What happens to a site or article I like but don't have time to write a whole blog post about? It's added to the del.icio.us box on the right side of the page.
  • You can also follow what I'm reading by adding me as a friend at Digg or StumbleUpon.
  • I update the The Green Links about once a month, adding new pages as I find them and deleting dead links or abandoned blogs. Any suggestions for better organizing the links or do you like them the way they are as one long list?
  • The Green Miles doesn't accept ads and has no plans to.
  • Donate to The Green Miles' favorite nonprofit, Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, through the SixDegrees.org box. A $20 donation will get you a one-year individual membership.
Can you expect any changes over the next year? Even though I'm blogging more at other places like RK, I'll always keep The Green Miles going, though you might see a slight increase in half-assed posts. But I actually find the busier I am outside The Green Miles, the more I post. I wind up getting more ideas and want to get them up here.

The biggest change over the next year will be a subtle one. I've upgraded my cell phone, so you should see much better quality photos here.

As always, thanks for reading. If you didn't keep coming back, I wouldn't keep writing. The visits, comments and emails are what get me to wake up early before work and fire up the organic coffee to get a post going!

6 comments:

John B. said...

Happy blogoversary! I still enjoy reading.

TheGreenMiles said...

Blogoversary! Nice. Note to self for 3rd anniversary - steal John's creative terminology.

Anonymous said...

Miles, Congratulations on making it 2 years!! You should trademark "blogoversary" if it hasn't been taken already!!

Wasn't going to say anything about the quality of the past pics but since you mentioned it - thank gawd your upgrading the camera phone!!!!

Anonymous said...

And that baby Miles picture, I took it. :) Guess who!

John Alexander Golden said...

Congrats man, keep up the good fight. ~~jag~~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Miles! As a loyal reader since day 1, it's been a delight to see you make the most of this medium. You are always talking about just what is interesting to me at the moment. The links list is fine as-is and your keeping it up-to-date is a big plus. As is your "no ads" policy. And thanks for all the great support for ACE! Since I won't be blogging myself anytime soon, I'm still trying to figure out how best to incorporate your good work into our upcoming new site.