Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Green Miles vs. White Oak Canyon

The Green Miles went back to Shenandoah National Park recently to hike White Oak Canyon. The weather was as weird as the waterfalls were beautiful:
3pm: Arrive at top of canyon. 85, sunny.
4pm: Arrive at bottom of canyon. 80, thunderstorm.
5:30pm: Arrive back at top of canyon. 55, cloudy.
6:30pm: Exit park. 80, sunny.
We stopped at the visitors center to grab some water, but instead of buying bottled, I grabbed a reusable water bottle. Didn't say if it was BPA-free, so I'm assuming it has it. I wouldn't use it every day, but for hikes and such, it'll do just fine. Kept the water surprisingly cool, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the two hikes you've posted on recently are the two hikes that I've done with my friends and family for ages! It's great to see your pictures of them. I've hiked White Oak almost every year since I was a baby- though it seems my parents were hiking for two the first few years. Glad you enjoyed it!