Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Contradiction or Consistency?

Last night, I was knocking on doors in Arlington's Lyon Park neighborhood talking to voters about my campaign for Virginia House of Delegates.

As I got to the last house on my list, I did a double-take at the foot of the driveway. I looked back and forth at the two vehicles and couldn't believe what I saw.

I rang the doorbell and had a great conversation with the voter who lived there, talking about everything from the economy to local military bases to cyber-security.

After I thanked him for his time, I said, "I just have to ask one thing. A Prius ... and a Hummer?"

He explained the Prius was for commuting, the Hummer for when he needed a break.

"I don't do anything halfway," he said with a broad smile.

Suddenly it seemed less like a contradiction and more like a man who enjoys having exactly the right tool for the job.

No comments: