Monday, May 10, 2010

100,000 Thanks (and Counting)

Sometime last week while I was in Louisiana covering the BP oil spill for the National Wildlife Federation, The Green Miles passed 100,000 visits.

When I started this blog nearly four years ago, the environment was what I did to forget about work. I wasn't happy as a local TV news producer covering murder, fires & car accidents, so I began volunteering with Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, getting involved in Arlington Young Democrats & reading blogs like Raising Kaine (now Blue Virginia).

I never imagined it would lead to anyone would pay me to write their blog posts for them. Or that if they did, they'd allow me to keep writing The Green Miles in my spare time with full editorial independence.

So I'm thankful that you've kept reading, I'm thankful for what all those clicks have helped me achieve & I'm thankful that even as The Green Miles becomes a comparatively "old" blog I still look forward to posting as often as I can.

I hope you'll keep reading for another 100,000 visits & beyond. Here are some ways to keep in touch:
Finally, a bit of The Green Miles trivia -- all-time most popular post? How to recycle VHS tapes.

2 comments:

Lawrence MacDonald said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I think I've been there since day one and let's hope there are a 100,000 more! Congratulations, Brendan