Monday, June 18, 2007

Change of Job Leads to Reverse in Commute

I've recently landed a new job at the National Wildlife Federation in Reston! It's quite a contrast to my last office. Instead of the drywalled office buildings and hot dog stands in McPherson Square, I now work in a green building next to Lake Fairfax Park. I've already spotted turtles, groundhogs and several deer, and the NWF even has a footbridge out front over a small waterfall.

One drawback -- instead of a quick and easy Metro ride, I now have to sort through several options to get to and from Reston. You can read all about it in a guest blog post I just did over at Arlington County's Fresh AIRE blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job. I'd assume you are still exploring your commute. Make sure you try Route 50 out, there is none of the Tysons traffic to put up with and the lights are timed for East bound so you can make great time.

NMM