Friday, June 20, 2008

This Is What I Get For Wine Shopping While Thirsty

I recently made a trip down to Broad Run, VA to visit Pearmund Cellars, a sustainable winery (more on their green features here). Pearmund was donating a bottle of their Ameritage Reserve, two Pearmund wine glasses and some free tasting certificates to the Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment 30th Anniversary event.

So The Green Miles generously agreed to go down and pick up the donation. And drink some wine. Anything for a good cause, right?

As regular readers know, I tend to stick to
beer, but apparently I'm going to be drinking lots of wine this summer, because I walked out of Pearmund with a full case of wine. Note to friends of The Green Miles - I'm going to need help drinking it. I know I can count on your support during these trying times.

My favorites? For red, I'd go with the Ameritage. But on a hot summer night, I'd definitely pick their Sauvignon Blanc.

But why take my word for it? A tasting's only $5 per person and Pearmund is a beautiful 45-minute drive from Arlington. To continue your wine tasting over dinner, check out Iron Bridge Wine Co. in neighboring Warrenton.

No comments: