Sunday, January 30, 2011

When Treehuggers Dream

Friday night, I stopped by Four Courts in Arlington for a drink. Someone told me they didn't recycle, asking if that made them a bad person (I'd rather someone call their senator & ask for clean energy reform than recycle, though doing both would be ideal). After Four Courts, I got dinner at Ray's Hell Burger.

Then last night, I had a dream that I went to Burger King, which was advertising a new offering made with "recycled beef." I was about to ask what that meant, when I saw a sign under the burger's listing on the menu reading, and I swear I am not making this up, "Note from manager: Neither I nor my staff will eat this unless we've had a minimum of 5 alcoholic drinks first."

In the dream I thought to myself, maybe I'll just pass.

No comments: