Monday, August 6, 2007

The Green Miles Meets The Green Monster

I'm back from a few days up in Massachusetts. I was hoping to post from my laptop while I was up there, but Somerset and Fairhaven are not exactly hotbeds of WiFi.

I got to go to my first Red Sox game in eight years (tickets are expensive and hard to get). Recently in Sports Illustrated, Alexander Wolff wrote, "The greenest ballpark in the country may be Fenway Park, because only an idiot would try driving and parking there."

We did take the T to the park, but unfortunately, there didn't seem to be a lot of environmental features included in Fenway's recent renovations. We sat on top of the Green Monster and had a great time, but at the beer stands, the vendors opened cans of beer, poured them into plastic cups, then threw away the aluminum cans. How wasteful is that? No recycling bins to be found elsewhere in the park, either.

But how much can I complain? It was a beautiful day, Manny gave me the double-point, and the Sox gave Tim Wakefield his 150th win. Here's the view from my cell phone camera:

Post a Comment