But what about polluters and their allies - how are they doing on diversity?
- Exxon Mobil board of directors: 12 members, 2 women, 0 Hispanics, 2 African Americans
- Arch Coal board of directors: 11 members, 1 woman, 0 Hispanics, 0 African Americans
- Heritage Foundation board of trustees: 27 members, 8 women, 0 Hispanics, 1 African American
- Congressional Republican leadership (House & Senate): 10 members, 1 woman, 0 Hispanics, 0 African Americans
- Oil & gas extraction: 23% women, 9% Hispanic, 4% African American
- Coal mining: 6% women, 3% Hispanic, 1% African American
Again, I think conservationists need to do more to reach out to Hispanics and African-Americans. Excluding them isn't just wrong, it's bad business - polls show minorities are exceptionally strong supporters of climate action in particular and clean air & water in general.
But much like the media holds polluters and their allies to a much lower standard ethically, they're held to no standard on diversity.