Friday, February 27, 2009

Which Virginia Companies Will Benefit from a Carbon Cap?

Less Carbon, More JobsPresident Obama has issued a clear call for climate action, saying on Tuesday night, "I ask this Congress to send me legislation that places a market-based cap on carbon pollution and drives the production of more renewable energy in America."

Want to know which Virginia companies will benefit from a cap on carbon pollution? Check out this new interactive map of Virginia from the Environmental Defense Fund.

For just one example, the furthest southwest icon on the map belongs to Royal Mouldings in Marion. It makes cellular vinyl, a lumber substitute that insulates 70 percent better than wood for a substantial energy savings (plus, no chopping down trees).

Cross-posted from Article XI

1 comment:

Jessica Monte said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing this info. I feel like I research so much about healthy and green parenting but tend to overlook information covered in the politics of environmental policy and activism. I'm glad that you do (I always learn something over here).