Monday, August 23, 2010

The Green Miles: Now New & Improved!

My buddy Fitz recently launched a blog called Every Day Father. It's a brutally honest, laugh-out-loud funny account of his efforts to be a better father -- both his touching successes and down-goes-Frazier-level failures. As I watched him develop the blog & tinkered with the format, I came to the startling realization that his blog, in which he's invested dozens of hours, actually looked better than my blog, in which I've invested thousands of hours.

So now that my work for the National Wildlife Federation reporting on the Gulf oil disaster has shifted from intense crisis coverage to long-term disaster response & I'm back to having more spare time to blog, I decided to spruce up look of TheGreenMiles.com. New layout, new banner, cleaned-up links section, and improved options for subscribing & sharing.

With a more normal work schedule, I'll do my best to get back to posting daily. If you like what you're seeing, subscribe to my posts with the orange RSS button or follow me with Google Friend Connect (both available in the right column). And if you want to share a post with friends, the sharing buttons at the bottom of each post will make that easier.

Anything you like or dislike about the new look? Any links I should add to the list on the right side? Let me know in comments.

No comments: